Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements and in conjunction with Regions’ Retention Schedule for a minimum of three years. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Financial Crimes Fraud Specialist monitors fraud prevention reports and/or reviews and resolves claims to address potentially fraudulent activity and reduce possible losses.
- Researches and analyzes potentially fraudulent activity related to customer accounts or other bank products
- Identifies valid and fraudulent charges, sets up fraud files, uses multiple research techniques to resolve issues, reconciles and summarizes fraud losses and communicates with customers to notify of inquiry and problem resolution
- Analyzes suspicious activity on customers’ accounts and researches history for customer activity
- Contacts account officer(s) to assist in verification of items
- Maintains company fraud database records
- Responds to emails, phone calls and voice mails from branches and account officers
- Completes database for Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) referrals
- Works under limited supervision following established guidelines and procedures
- May monitor fraud prevention reports and ensure appropriate steps are taken to reduce possible losses
- May provide guidance to less experienced team members
This position requires the tracking of time and is eligible for overtime hours worked in excess of 40 per week under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Four (4) years of fraud or related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Banking loss prevention experience
- Experience in the following systems for Debit/Credit, Direct Credit (DC) Fraud Monitoring: PRM, VRM, Mainframe and Structured Query Language (SQL) Database
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to learn additional systems as needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction
- Efficient in handling and dealing with peak work volumes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational, analytical and judgment skills
*This position must be within a reasonable driving distance to a Branch, Consumer Operations, or Professional Office Building with the primary locations being for: Birmingham, AL, Nashville, TN, Atlanta, GA, or Charlotte, NC.
Future consideration may be given to the following locations:
Salt Lake City, UT
Regions will not provide relocation assistance for this position and would be at your own expense.
Position Type Full time
Pay ranges are job specific and are provided as a point-of-market reference for compensation decisions. Other factors which directly impact pay for individual associates include: experience, skills, knowledge, contribution, job location and, most importantly, performance in the job role. As these factors vary by individuals, pay will also vary among individual associates within the same job.
The target information listed below is based on the Metropolitan Statistical Area Market Range for where the position is located and level of the position.
Job Range Target:
Minimum: $42,000.00 USD
Median: $50,650.00 USD
Incentive Pay Plans: This job is not incentive eligible.
Regions offers a benefits package that is flexible, comprehensive and recognizes that “one size does not fit all” for Listed below is a synopsis of the benefits offered by Regions for informational purposes, which is not intended to be a complete summary of plan terms and conditions.
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- 401K with Company Match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Associate Volunteer Program
Please note, benefits and plans may be changed, amended, or terminated with respect to all or any class of associate at any time. To learn more about Regions’ benefits, please click or copy the link below to your browser.
Location Details Riverchase Operations Center
Location: Hoover, Alabama
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We have a passion for creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy, and many other primary and secondary dimensions that make each of us unique as individuals and provide valuable perspective that makes us a better company and employer. More importantly, we recognize that creating a workplace where everyone, regardless of background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
OFCCP Disclosure: Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Job applications at Regions are accepted electronically through our career site for a minimum of five business days from the date of posting. Job postings for higher-volume positions may remain active for longer than the minimum period due to business need and may be closed at any time thereafter at the discretion of the company.