Friday, February 16, 2024
Manage day-to-day activities of the KPERS risk-based approach to identity verification and authentication.
Ensure that member identity verification services perform as designed and comply with security requirements. Recommend improvements as needed.
Conduct real-time analysis and assessment of online activity and complex potential fraud risks to identify and resolve suspicious transactions. May include contacting members to validate information and confirm or cancel transactions.
Interact with internal staff, members and employers to validate information and confirm or terminate online access to KPERS’ member web portal.
Clearly and thoroughly document investigative findings and conclusions.
Recommend and develop policies, procedures and business processes for minimizing risks associated with online accounts and transactions. Identify and evaluate risk areas and provide input for development of corresponding business processes or rules with emphasis on balancing fraud prevention recommendations with customer experience considerations.
Analyze high-volume data to investigate, identify trends and report trends linked to potentially fraudulent activity.
Provide escalation support on complex issues that may occur to ensure timely and accurate resolution.
Provide technical support to Benefits & Member Services staff members, as well as staff from other divisions or units. Work with information technology staff to continually refine identity verification processes to minimize risks and threats.
Actively participate in team meetings, share information across business units and make suggestions for improvements or enhancements to business processes or controls.
Serve as lead worker on special projects assigned by Chief Benefits Officer or Deputy Chief Benefits Officers by exercising independent judgment when evaluating situations and making decisions within the scope of B&MS policy and KPERS laws and regulations.
Perform other duties and special projects as assigned in order to meet the objectives of the Benefits & Member Services Division and KPERS.
Work independently or as part of a team to uphold technology initiatives and the quality standards of Benefits and Member Services and the Retirement System. Recommend and implement changes designed to improve the quality of business rules or processes.
Experience and Education Required
Two years of related professional experience and two years of customer service experience. Experience working in a pension administration or benefits claim environment is preferred. Degree in business administration, public administration, accounting, or related field. Experience or education may be substituted as determined relevant by the agency.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to analyze and understand large amounts of data with complex problem solving and research skills.
- History of using sound reasoning and exercising good judgement.
- Ability to work under pressure, act decisively and consistently meet deadlines.
- Problem resolution experience involving resolution of complex customer service issues or complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish results in a team-oriented environment.
- In-depth understanding of organizational data flows and corresponding use in decision-making or transaction processing.
- Ability to continually exhibit work behaviors consistent with KPERS’ core values of service, integrity, respect, accountability, innovation and teamwork.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to interact with others in a congenial manner and ability to work effectively within a team.
- Committment to excellent customer service
- Ability to listen effectively and process information quickly to provide quick and accurate responses in high pressure and critical situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and other computer software applications.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, regulations, rules and business processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the recruiter.
KPERS does not offer employment visa sponsorships.