As a Fraud Analytics & Insights Associate, you will support fraud detection strategies within the Commercial Banking Fraud Analytics & Insights team. You will be directly responsible for assisting with the team’s efforts on electronic payment fraud detection and prevention, rule development/management, reporting, governance, and minimizing client losses due to fraud.
Key Objectives of the Commercial Banking Client Fraud Prevention Team
- Protect clients and the firm from fraud losses. Leverage data, analytics, education, recoveries, and available fraud prevention products to differentiate JPMC
- Improve detection of fraudulent transactions through targeted Commercial Banking rules and models
- Anticipate future threats to our clients and develop proactive strategies to combat them
- Enhance client experience and fraud prevention education. Seek to minimize client friction – Make every interaction a value-add experience
- Reduce the number of fraudulent transactions released by clients; Maximize the recovery of client fraud losses
- Support day-to-day responsibilities related to data analytics and delivery of enhanced fraud detection controls
- Analyze fraud history with the goal of enhancing existing controls and building new controls while balancing risk and client impact
- Learn and become familiar with Commercial Banking fraud trends, patterns, and features
- Leverage creative analytical problem-solving skills while using large data sets from multiple sources
- Work closely with Technology, Product, and Operations to develop requirements and implement new rules / controls
- Maintain a robust governance, risk, and control environment
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reporting
- Develop presentations for stakeholders and senior management
Required Qualifications, Skills and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics / Statistics, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a Data, Analytics, or Technology related role
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; Strong proficiency with other Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Word, etc.)
- Experience in data mining leveraging data analytics and visualization tools such as SQL, AWS, Python, Alteryx, Tableau, QliK
- Able to support a variety of complex initiatives and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve targets and deliverables, critically think through solutions, and run business critical processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- High attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Capabilities:
- Experience in fraud detection, rule writing, or anomaly detection
*Please note this role is not eligible for employer immigration sponsorship*
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
About the Team: Commercial Banking is focused on helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities. We provide credit and financing, treasury and payment services, international banking and real estate services to clients including corporations, municipalities, institutions, real estate investors and owners, and nonprofit organizations.