BM Technologies, Inc.
Reporting to: Fraud Investigations Manager
About The Role
The Fraud Analyst is responsible for analyzing and detecting fraud trends, patterns. Detects common points of compromises on the Credit and/or Debit card portfolios to mitigate exposure to fraud through implementation of preventive actions. Works on projects related to Fraud Prevention initiatives and association related fraud risk assessments and compliance.
Primary & Essential Responsibilities
· First line review for triage, mitigation, investigation and recovery of allegations or suspicions of external customer asset fraud.
· Request, examine, and analyze banks transmittal records and/or supporting documentation to determine chargeback eligibility.
· Ensures quality standards and time constraints are met to prevent monetary losses.
· Communicates with, customers, merchants, and leadership regarding fraud claims.
· Maintain departmental procedures for assigned job functions.
· Ensures accurate fraud reporting for fraudulent activity.
· Notifies management of important developments (fraud trends) and potential problems (fraud detection/prevention)
· Proficiency with Case Management System and reporting tools.
· Conducting research utilizing available tools, systems, and the internet, consistent with the resolution of cases.
· Assessment of client profile data against hits to ensure normal and expected activity.
· Escalating relationship retention or termination decisions, and tracking account closures where applicable.
· Proactively identify risks and drive mitigation activity to completion.
· Work with management to escalate risks and incidents to appropriate risk & control areas to enhance risk management posture.
· Take appropriate and timely actions to block and prevent future fraud while minimizing negative customer impact.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by Manager.
Required Skills & Experience
· Degree preferred, high school diploma with 2-3 years in financial sector.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting deadlines and production goals.
· Ability to apply sound judgment utilizing problem-solving skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Good organizational and time-management skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a competent and professional manner.
· Proficient with computers including Microsoft Word and Excel
About BM Technologies, Inc.
BM Technologies, Inc. (NYSE American: BMTX, BMTX.W) is among the largest digital banking platforms in the U.S., providing access to checking and savings accounts, personal loans, credit cards, and financial wellness. It is focused on technology, innovation, easy-to-use products, and education with the mission of being “customer-obsessed” and creating “customers for life.” The BMTX digital banking platform employs a multi-partner distribution model, known as “Banking-as-a-Service” (BaaS), that enables the acquisition of customers at higher volumes and substantially lower expenses than traditional banks while providing significant benefits to its customers, partners, and business. BMTX currently serves over two million account holders and provides disbursement services at approximately 725 college and university campuses (covering one out of every three students in the U.S.). BM Technologies, Inc. is a technology company and is not a bank, which means it provides banking services through its Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender partner banks.