Maine State Credit Union
At Maine State Credit Union, we are devoted to improving our members’ financial lives, not just the bottom line. When you visit our lobbies in Augusta, Waterville, Gray, or Rockland or engage with our eBranch contact center employees, you will find our friendly, knowledgeable teams eager to assist.
We are growing and so are our people! Recognized as one of Maine’s Best Places to Work for TWELVE years running, our team members are passionate about growth, empowerment and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve our workplace and better ourselves so we can better support and serve our members.
Maine State Credit Union is a fast-paced, supportive environment that promotes learning and development, team inclusion and fun! If you have a growth mindset, a commitment to teamwork and a true passion for serving others, you are likely a great fit for our team!
The Fraud Specialist is responsible for conducting account research for potential fraud, determining accountability and notification process. You will be utilizing multiple systems and tools to gather relevant data to create detailed summaries of events and articulate findings. Identify and highlight potential fraud to appropriate departments, following within the Credit Union procedures.
Delivers excellent service to members and other departments while assisting with requests, questions, and concerns regarding deposit and loan accounts. Reviews accuracy and completeness of account documents; generates and reviews information and resolves exceptions.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated, team oriented, positive thinker with a desire to provide exceptional service in a fast-paced environment. You should have three to five years of similar or related experience. Working knowledge of Credit Union systems and platforms is beneficial for this position. Some of the responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Monitor and analyze transaction data, member accounts, and other relevant information to identify and investigate unusual or suspicious behavior.
- Conduct in-depth investigations into suspected fraud, gather evidence and document your findings.
- Work with and train various departments on fraud related
- Stay up to date on industry trends, emerging threats, and best practices for fraud prevention. Use data and detection tools to identify patterns and trends.
- Verafin experience a plus but not necessary
Required for success in this position: strong interpersonal skills, professional appearance, solid work ethic, reliable attendance and an ability to be detail oriented. The position requires a two-year college degree or specialized training to acquire the job specific skills.
Benefits of Employment with Maine State Credit Union:
In addition to our world-class culture, a fun and supportive work environment and opportunities to learn and grow, our employees appreciate the work-life harmony they are able to achieve as part of our team.
We are also proud of the benefits we offer:
- Three options for medical insurance – including one plan with employer paid premiums up to 100%, as well as employer contributions to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Two options for dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life, Short-term Disability and Long-term Disability insurance – 100% employer paid
- Employee Assistance Program – 100% employer paid
- 401(k) employer match, with traditional and Roth options
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 annually for undergraduate degree and $10,000 annually for graduate degree
- Opportunities to volunteer in our local communities
- Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate and an abundance of food
#mainestatecu #bestplacestowork #careeropportunites #hiringnow